Join Thunderbowl and play in our league
What does Thunderbowl offer?
- The league collects fees from every coach and uses them to book a hall or event center every month for everyone to play their matches at the same venue.
- The Thunderbowl record-keeping system and database are extremely well maintained. We have paper and digital records of every game and eliminate the headache of managing your team and checking your opponent's roster even after multiple seasons of play.
- Our league is well-equipped. At every game day the league supplies:
- 20+ high quality 40mm Blood Bowl boards. No need to bring your own pitch.
- League wifi, laptops and printers for entering game results and printing out updated rosters at the venue itself.
- Decks of special play cards
- 20+ Chess Clocks for fair timed play as needed, especially during Cup Day
- Our Cup Days are a blast. They take all the excitement of an ordinary Blood Bowl tournament and up the stakes dramatically since all the results are for keeps.
- An extremely competitive league with lots of options for everyone. Thunderbowl coaches have won tournaments and painting competitions and are more than happy to offer their experience to new coaches and hobbyists. The size of the league allows strong coaches to experiment with more challenging rosters and builds while also helping new and returning coaches build the skills to play well at high team values.
Can you commit to a season?
- We play two league seasons a year, with start dates in February in August.
- You can start your new team in our "C League" which is composed of all rookie teams.
- We play 1 game day on the second Saturday of each month.
- You must be able to play to commit to playing two league games either on that Saturday or within two weeks after.
- If you cannot play at the game day time and venue, you are responsible for scheduling a make-up game with your opponent.
- The 6th and final month of each season is Cup Day! This is when playoffs and bowl games take place in an all-day tournament format.
Why the commitment?
- Our league only works because every player who sits across the table from you is just as committed to tabletop play as you are.
- Your regular season schedule is a fixed schedule. Games cannot be played out of order.
- It can't be stressed enough: our fixed schedule is what distinguishes a Thunderbowl season from pick-up and open leagues. Games being played in order is what maintains the competitive integrity of our league.
- It is far more fun to play any board game when the participants are all on the same page in terms of time commitment.
Does Thunderbowl sound exactly like a club you'd like to be part of?
- Please contact our Commissioners and express your interest. They'll be able to give you answers to any remaining questions you may have and add you to our season sign-up list.